SQM’s 1 day VoC Coaching Guide Training Program is specifically designed for contact center front-line managers so that they can effectively coach their customer service representatives (CSR) to achieve world class call customer satisfaction (Csat) and retention performance. The VoC Coaching Guide Training Program is based on using a post-call customer survey to assess CSR performance. The post-call customer survey gathers both customer ratings and feedback comments. Our training program covers how managers should interpret and share key performance indicators (KPI) (e.g., Csat, call resolution, customer retention, etc.) with their CSRs. In addition, the post-call customer survey process provides audio and text customer feedback about what made them satisfied or dissatisfied and why they had to call 2 or more times to resolve their call. Also, the training program covers how to coach CSRs on a world class call survey, action alert call survey and customer defection survey.
The main focus of this program is for managers to learn how they can provide CSRs with the necessary VoC skills so that they provide their customers with a world class call experience. The VoC skills training that managers receive focuses on 4 key attribute areas (i.e., understanding, helping, caring and resolving) of the customer’s experience when calling a contact center. The training program has CSR exercises which include role playing for improving the call quality service attributes and for dealing with customers who express dissatisfaction with a call quality service attribute or have a complaint. There will also be a team exercise for improving the top 10 reasons that customers have to call back 2 or more times to resolve their inquiry or problem.
How our VoC Coaching Guide for Managers Works
Post-Call Customer Surveys
The contact center provides SQM, on a regular basis (daily or every 5 minutes), a list of customers who have called their contact center along with the name of the CSR that took each call and other key call information. SQM’s post-call customer survey has 10 to 20 in-depth questions that have withstood the test of time. A phone or IVR survey can be used. Clients may choose to add questions that are unique to their business or choose to use a smaller number of questions. SQM’s post-call customer survey is also used to benchmark your contact center to over 500 leading North American contact centers. SQM surveys customers within 1 day of their call with a phone survey or within 5-10 minutes with an outbound IVR survey. The survey feedback focuses on customer satisfaction, first call resolution, call resolution and customer retention metrics for which the CSR is responsible.
KPI Report Card for CSR Reporting
CSRs and supervisors can access SQM’s website or mobile site and run the reports they need for performance review and coaching. Your staff will be given full training and ongoing support in the use of SQM’s website and mobile site reporting tools. In addition, SQM can provide your contact center with benchmark comparisons and quarterly in-depth reporting. Each CSR is provided with their own KPI report card. The KPI report card provides the following:
- KPIs, such as overall contact center Csat, overall CSR Csat, first call resolution, call resolution and customer retention metrics. All metrics are reported out by current period, past period and year-to-date
- World class call, action alert call and customer defection surveys can be viewed in real time
- Benchmarking comparison of overall contact center Csat, overall CSR Csat, first call resolution, call resolution and customer retention
- The ability to remedy a specific action alert call or recognize the CSR for an outstanding world class call
- Customer surveys and call recordings of customer satisfaction and reasons for 2 or more calls feedback
- Actual customer verbatim comments and .wav files for world class and action alert calls
Managers Coaching CSRs on VoC Skills
The KPI report card VoC Coaching Guide Program covers the customer survey that is being used and also covers how managers should interpret and share KPI reports with their CSRs. The VoC skills training that managers receive focuses on the following 4 key attribute areas of the customer’s experience when calling a contact center:
- Understanding the customer… learn how to understand the real reasons why the customer called
- Helping the customer… learn how to express a willingness that conveys that you want to help a customer
- Caring about the customer… learn how to express empathy and care for a customer and their concerns
- Resolving the customer… learn how to resolve a customer’s call on the first call or to manage their expectations on how and when they can have their call resolved
For each attribute and related sub-attribute area there will be a discussion on what the related world class call standards are and how to use them to achieve high Csat ratings. The world class call standards are based on SQM’s contact center benchmarking Csat studies and all standards have been well-tested to ensure they have a positive impact on Csat ratings. SQM will also share our VoC CSR STAR coaching approach which consists of four sequential steps:
Survey feedback review of results prior to talking with CSR
Talk with your CSR about the survey ratings and feedback
Acknowledge CSR performance
Remedy steps to improve CSR performance
The training program has CSR exercises which include role playing for improving the call quality service attributes and for dealing with customers who express dissatisfaction with a call quality service attribute or have a complaint. There will also be a team exercise for improving the top 10 reasons that customers have to call back 2 or more times to resolve their inquiry or problem.
The investment for the VoC Coaching Guide for Managers is typically $3,000 per training session. There is an additional cost for travel expenses and any customization if required.